I’d like to dedicate this post to my Dad who is an incredible craftsman. One of his hobbies is taking antiques that are just piles of garbage and unrecognizable and reworking them to their original or better than their original beauty. We are so very lucky to be able to benefit from his workmanship! Here are three of our favorite pieces that he has redone.
This is our newest piece that we got for Christmas. It is amazing. The grain is so beautiful. It is now in our family room where if fits in perfectly. It’s the perfect storage piece. I love the curved lines and the wooden knobs. This might be my very favorite piece.
This piece used to be in our family room and it got moved to the bedroom when we got the above piece. The curved drawers are unbelievable and I love the lion hardware. This is Jon’s favorite piece. It has decorative teeth marks in it from when Kinsey was teething. Augh.
We got this dining table when I was in the hospital having Kinsey. What a great surprise to come home to find the beautiful piece of art! This table actually has a leaf that is stored underneath it. To add the leaf, you pull the ends apart and the leaf slides over and up and there is lever somewhere. HaHa. When I went to shorten it, I sat under there for a moment trying to figure out how to work it. I’ll have to post a picture of the mechanism. Ignore the dust. The flash sure does bring it out!


No comments:
Post a Comment